Protected: 4 AMAZING STEPS THAT CREATE INEVITABLE GROWTH November 30th, 2018Demand Finder
We are looking for a Business Analyst and Technical Support combined role to join our team. The candidate will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our client projects. The candidate will then support the client during the business as usual phases through triaging support cases and facilitating resolutions. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
Business Analyst role
- Be a part of the configuration specifications and business requirements team
- Define reporting and alerting requirements
- Build the UAT tests to pass Quality Assurance
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
The ideal candidate will have...
- Experience of working from home
- A clean driving license
- Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Proven experience in a customer support role
- Tech savvy aptitude
- Good understanding of the Force.com platform, automation products, databases and screen sharing
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic Salesforce issues
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered mindset
- Degree in IT / Computer Science
Demand Finder are rapidly growing and the candidate has the opportunity to develop their career in any number of directions. A well-structured training programme will be provided, based on Trailhead, with the objective of achieving Salesforce certifications.
Start date: 22nd October
* These fields are required.
It’s widely recognised that taking advantage of new technology in order to gain a competitive advantage is a sensible move. Even if it’s only to deter the risk of new entrants disrupting your marketplace – looking at Uber, for example – we can all admit it would be fairly crazy to run a business that actively avoids taking advantage of the technology that’s available nowadays.
With this in mind, it’s time to ask, what does a digitally advantaged business actually look like and can you transform your business by adopting just a few simple value-added steps?
As a technology-led management consultancy, we specialise in giving investors and business owners a competitive advantage when they’re looking to buy, sell or run ambitious or distressed companies. After successfully delivering many transformation projects, we’re in the perfect position to advise you on what has worked and what hasn’t with regards to how digital technologies have affected small and medium sized businesses.
Our experience has taught us that there are two types of digitally enabled customers; those who are completely digitally transformed – consequently finding new business opportunities and outcomes – and those that continue to do what they are already doing on a daily basis, but with added elements of digital technology – and most of the time finding that they are only achieving modest returns.
The issue is that both types of customer start the process with the belief that they are going to become 100% digitally transformed, expecting to see rising profits and efficiencies as an outcome. But many fail to achieve this goal.
So why does this happen? Even with thoroughly devised strategies and plans in place, why do some companies struggle to transform in the digital world?
The following five reasons usually have something to do with it:
- The companies don’t necessarily focus the digital transformation around solving their customers’ problems
- Too much effort is spent on automating existing business processes, rather than creating new business opportunities in order to develop growth
- Investments are not necessarily considered thoroughly. For instance, a company may choose to implement technology based on the fact that it sounds exciting, rather than on hard financial outcomes connected to growth or profits
- There could be a poor understanding of the existing customer, supplier and operational data sets
- Analysis may not be carried out efficiently due to a lack of organised prototyping and internal skills
Stumbling across these hurdles will inevitably turn digital transformations into digital cover-ups.
But surely these things are easy to avoid? They are, so long as you have the right team in place. Software alone won’t solve these issues, unless of course you’re using the more advanced software that’s available out there; this might be able to help.
Our years of experience have taught us that the leaders in digital transformation are successful in the following ways:
- The outcome and success of their digital transformation is directly compared to improvements in their profits
- They are dedicated to solving customer problems and improving customer experiences
- Existing data is used to generate efficiencies and create new products, services and revenue streams
- Teams are nurtured and retain the skills to deliver continuous improvements
- Internal operations are completely transformed too so that processes are carried out in a much more agile, organised and efficient manner
We are recognised for delivering Salesforce based digital transformations, ensuring that the common pitfalls encountered by companies are avoided and maximising the likely profit potential from this exciting new opportunity.
Salesforce provides the platform to deliver digital transformations and it is a clear market leader with regards to delivering exceptional customer focused solutions together with enterprise class process automation and integration.
Our approach is simple; we deliver the minimum amount of technology possible in order to get the job done and then continue the process, building on it every time, with each cycle adding tangible business value.
Not only that, but rest assured you’ll be in the safest of hands. Our consultants carry a range of credentials, including Institute for Turnaround (IFT) candidate membership; a highly prized statement of our transformation capabilities.
If you are an investor or business owner looking to introduce a competitive advantage when buying, selling or running an ambitious or distressed company, then the chances are a digital transformation may reap huge rewards for you. Find out more by giving us a call on 01743 724976.
BluePrint Ceramic, an innovative tile distribution company, wanted to handle more customer and provide higher service levels. How could they do this without introducing growing pains?
Using a unique end to end sales process, Demand Finder enabled Salesforce Sales Cloud to reduce sales process by 80%, allowing the BluePrint Ceramics to spend more time with architects.
Faster transfer and cleaner hand over of tasks
Process and systems to support future growth plans
Real time operational visibility
Paving the way to the perfect business model:
accountability, scale and visibility
Ambitious tile distribution company, BluePrint Ceramics, based on the edge of Birmingham International Airport, provides architects with a fully managed tile specification and delivery service. They offer architects a wide range of European high quality tiles, and are able to work with the many contractors and sub-contractors involved in the end clients bid processes.
They stand apart in the market due to their unrelenting commitment to customer service levels during the specification process.
- SalesForce Sales Cloud
- Demand Finder, a SalesForce Business Partner
At it’s core, Demand Finder is a philanthropic organisation, meaning where possible we deliver programs of work that benefit society while also serving our business interests. We improve company profits through targeted giving that corresponds to company interests.
We target all main stream industries and markets, so the majority of our work isn’t directly socially beneficial, however, we have a strong social compass to guide the work we take on. We are in the process of adopting a social contract and see our role in complying with it as an integral part of our business, and as an opportunity rather than an obligation.
If you would like to know more please contact us. Equally, if you have advice or experience which you feel will help us in this area we would welcome your input.
We believe great things can be done.
Simon Monk, Demand Finder MD, will be taking part in the 2015 London Big Data Week. In addition to discussing the challenges and opportunities that data represents for ambitious companies, Simon will be a panelist alongside ShopDirect and Dunnhumby.
Simon’s main discussion will focus on Honest Café, an unmanned café chain. It is a perfect example of how young new businesses are leveraging predictive analytics for the first time to make better, more strategic business decisions….
To find out more go to bigdataweek.com/ or contact us for more information.
Is it possible to generate demand for your product/service? In short, if you are selling to businesses or to consumers over long buying cycles, then the answer is yes.
First, a bit of background. Demand Generation is used to help prospects who already know they want their problem solved. It isn’t lead generation albeit many get confused. Demand Generation is the structured process of ensuring that the target market solve their problem with your products/services. Breaking this down, it is the process of building awareness, being discovered by a prospect, helping them validate your product/service and assisting them to a closed deal through structured selling.
So, somewhere out there is a relevant prospect wanting to solve a problem that your product/service could address. What should you do to make sure they choose you? Let’s separate the challenge into 4 distinct phases:
Phase 1; Build awareness so you are front of mind with the prospect. That way you have more chance of being consulted. At a high level this breaks down into brand awareness through both inbound and outbound marketing. For inbound consider using search engine optimization, viral marketing, social media and email campaigns. For outbound consider using pay per click marketing, inside sales, lead generation and appointment setting. These are just simple examples to demonstrate the category of activities to drive awareness.
At some point the prospect will start to research solutions to their problems; namely Phase 2, Discovery. We’re already front of mind due to our awareness activities, but they need to find us at the moment. Focus should be given to search engine advertising, search engine optimisation and webinars and on-line demonstrations. They can all form a part to play when attempting to be found by a prospects searching activities. Again, these are just simple examples, and the right mix will vary.
Once the prospect has found you, we start to focus on Phase 3, Validation. Here you will need to help the prospect validate that your solution meets their needs. Typical examples include:
- Detailed evaluation driven by trials, demonstrations, whitepapers, and seminars
- Cultivation, management, and selection of client references willing to provide a prospect with the perspective of a current or past client
Once the prospect is validating your solution you initiate Phase 4, Structured Sales. This is the coordination of the right sales resource to interact with the prospect to navigate the final stages of the buying process. Lead Scoring, Lead Ranking and Lead Routing are the main drivers to ensuring the prospect is appropriately guided through to a closed deal, with emphasis given to the appropriate sales process for the target market and product family.
Tools such as Salesforce are critical to ensuring structured selling processes are accountable, visible and scalable. You can start small with Salesforce, be that a product line, campaign or even if you’re a start up organisation.
If you are looking for assistance with Demand Generation, or you simply want to talk through your sales pipeline challenges, contact us.
Listen again to this pre-recorded webinar first aired in November 2015 on BrightTALK:
Whilst the analytical front end tools continue to become ever more capable, and data continues to be more widely sourced, preparing data still feels like the weak link in the chain; a lack of automation means tedious and time consuming down time for so many. In this webinar we explore how to take a structured, repeatable approach to data preparation and enrichment. Designed for the non-technical sales and marketing audience, the session will cover the principles of deploying strategy using big data, and the part Big Data plays within ambitious companies as they try to attract their target audience.
The speakers will discuss how Big Data can be used to automatically drive business activity towards the target market. Attendees will understand:
1. Popular use cases
2. Where you can find data
3. Types of data and the different preparation challenges you may face
4. How to clean and integrate your data
5. The power of using big data within operational processes
6. Enrichment, post analysis – how to bring the discovered insights back into your data
7. Intro of the Honest Cafe story on stage at London Big Data Week Conference, November 25th
This webinar is an intro on how to get started with data – an intro of the “Start Small, plan Big – the Honest Caffe story” presentation, which will be discussed in greater detail during the Big Data Week, November 2015
To watch the FREE webinar, click here.
So, you decide you want to hit market 'X'. Sounds reasonable, although how do you know when you meet someone in the target market 'X'? It's not enough to say 'we're going to sell to hotels', for example. Are hotels around the corner less attractive to ones 3,000 miles away? What about hotels that are part of a bigger hotel chain? What about those with a poor credit score? The reality is there are many factors which help decide the target market and ideal customer profile (if you need help on defining your market, let us know).
Once you've got a clear picture of your target market, the only way to understand if prospects are ideal is to measure certain attributes about them. Known as Lead Scoring, it is a shared sales and marketing methodology for ranking leads in order to determine their sales-readiness. It is used to accept business, or more to the point it helps companies confidently turn business away that would otherwise distract them from their strategy of hitting a target market.
Why do it?
- It's essential to strengthening your revenue cycle
- It effectively drives return on investment by keeping you on track
- It aligns Sales and Marketing teams
When you consider lead scoring keep in mind the implicit and explicit types, such as online body language and distance from office, respectively. Getting the right balance of what to measure and making sure that the data you need is gathered automatically is essential to creating a company that remains focused as a default.
If your organisation doesn't lead score, feel free to get in touch - we'd be happy to share our expertise and experience with you.
Contact us now to start talking.
* These fields are required.